Wednesday, April 23, 2008

updates...

Well, as usual, thing have been pretty busy around here, where I haven't been on this in a while. But, I'm back! One of the things we have been busy with is dealing with Kevin's brother Chris. Chris came to visit us, had a great time, and got to do a lot of things. He went to 2 NCAA final games, went to Mount Vernon, went out to eat, went shopping and so on. Well, Kevin and I paid for his round trip bus ticket and didn't make him pay us back. We straightened out his finances, set up payment schedules for him to pay off all his bills in 5 months time. After he got home we found out he burned us. He was back to his lying, got fired from his job etc. Kevin and I talked, and talked to Kev's mom and we were all in agreement that he was to pay us back for his bus ticket. So, Kevin called his 1 on 1 and she got him to send us a check. All of a sudden after that we weren't getting our daily phone calls from Chris. He was pretty pissed at us, but he knows that he won't get away with crap like that. On a side note, he called (and is back to calling daily) and apologized and said he was glad we made him send us the money.
Another thing is trying to plan out trips/vacations. Now, as most people can decide rather last minute to do a trip, that is not an option for me. My patient schedule is booked a month in advance and I only get 2 weeks paid vacation a year. With all the people we try to go and see, or rather we want to try to go and see that just doesnt seem to be enough time (especially when Kevin gets 5 weeks/year). Not to mention that I work every other Saturday morning for an hour in a half which cuts down my weekends of going away. This weekend we managed to get away...we are going camping! Yes!!!!

No comments: